The versatility to let your imagination run wild
Three times lighter than MDF yet deceptively strong and durable, LIGERO BOARD is the ideal substrate to create a range of non-structural interior features. Simply finish with one of our premium decorative surfaces to achieve the look of solid timber or a coat of polyurethane paint.
What is Ligero Board?
LIGERO BOARD is a lightweight board with a solid core manufactured from a VOC free Falcata block board and 2.5mm MDF skins on both sides. LIGERO BOARD's structure and consistency not only makes the product super light (3 times lighter than solid MDF), but also deceptively strong and highly versatile.
Used as a substrate onto which a decorative surface or a coat of polyurethane paint is applied, LIGERO BOARD offers a range of commercial and residential interior applications. Once cut to the shape and size you require, simply have one of our premium decorative surfaces applied to your LIGERO BOARD substrate.
Select from the following premium decorative surfaces to achieve the look of solid timber, minus timber's challenges:
- METRO Veneer
- Australian Natural Veneer
- Smoked Natural Veneer
- Dyed Natural Veneer
- Linea Veneer
Ligero Board Applications
Because LIGERO BOARD is so lightweight and easy to work with, designs are limited only by your imagination. LIGERO BOARD may be shaped and cut to suit your application and the decorative effect you wish to achieve.
LIGERO BOARD applications include (but are not limited to):
- Vertical and horizontal beams
- Ceiling fins
- Suspended shelving
In short, LIGERO BOARD is ideal for any non-structural interior application that requires or would benefit from a lightweight material with a decorative finish.
Browse through our Gallery to see some of the amazing things our clients are creating with LIGERO BOARD.
- Lightweight - at least 3 times lighter than MDF so it's easy to work with, saving time and money
- Matching ABS edging for a quality finish
- Comes in long continuous lengths of 4' x 10' for less joins
- Available in two thicknesses - 1 1/2" and 2"
- Machine ability allows for mitre joins
- Versatile - designs limited only by the imagination
- Strong enough to use for suspended shelving (just not to be used as a structural support)